HP Printer Setup from
If you are not a tech savvy person, you are most likely to get stuck in between the process or confused on how to proceed with the setup. There are online guides available in hp official site 123.hp.com/setup. The procedure is also pretty straight forward as explained in 123.hp.com/setup . But if you could not figure out what went wrong, go through our step by step tutorial on HP Printer Setup.
Connect HP Printer to the Ethernet Using the Link 123.hp.com/setup
- Power on the computer.
- Before moving forward, please ensure that the paper is loaded in the paper tray.
- Remove any tapes or protective material from the Ethernet port of the printer.
- Clean the Ethernet port and connect your printer to it using the Ethernet cable.
- Power ON the router.
- Make sure your computer or your current device is connected to high-speed internet. (probably broadband)
- Power on your computer.
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- You can use Firefox, Safari, or any other web browser currently installed on your computer.
- Type 123.hp.com/setup in the URL bar and navigate to the printer support page.
- Type your printer model name and number.
- Now, you’ll see an automated window recommending you the best software for your smartphones and computers for using your HP printer.
- Download and install the HP printer driver.
- Alternatively, you can install the HP Smart App.
- Allow the driver installation using the link 123.hp.com/setup.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
Download HP Printer Drivers for Windows
To download the drivers from the official website of hp you will need the printer’s name and model number. This will help the hp website recognize your printer and display the list of drivers specific to your printer model.
- Now open the official website 123.hp.com/setup in your web browser.
- Go to support and drivers page and from there, navigate to the Drivers and software page.
- Now from the product category list choose printer.
- At this time you will have to provide information about your printer.
- Enter your product name in the, identify your printer search box and click on the submit button.
- Now you have to select your operating system.
- Hp website will search and list the available latest drivers for your printer.
- Just click on the download button and your Hp printer driver download process will begin.
How to Install the Hp printer drivers ?
- When the driver file is downloaded, you have to install it on your computer.
- Locate the driver file you have downloaded. It will be an exe file.
- Run the installation file and click on the install button.
- When the installation is complete, restart the computer.
Update your hp printer drivers - 123.hp.com/setup
Keep your Hp printer drivers to the latest released version. To update the drivers from the device manager follow the steps:
- Go to start menu, find and open the run dialog box. There is also a short cut to do this. The run dialog box will instantly open if you press the Windows key and R key on the keyboard at the same time.
- In the search field of the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.
- This will open the device manager window.
- Find your printer’s name from the list of available devices and right-click it.
- In the drop-down menu, you will find the option, update the drivers, click on it.
- When prompted for how do you want to search the drivers, select Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now, wait, windows will complete the Hp printer drivers update process.
Fixing printer related issues?
You may either visit “123.hp.com/setup” or try to disconnect the power cord from the router and switch off the printer. After this, you need to close all apps and reconnect the power cord to the router and turn the HP printer on. Don’t forget to turn the screen on. You will need to install the “123.hp.com/setup” driver again. If this doesn’t solve the problem, go to the next section of the workaround.